by Mobridge Tourism ~ February 22, 2012
The Mobridge Chamber’s Tourism Committee has had many meetings and much discussion as to what the direction of the Mobridge Ice Fishing Tournament for 2013 should be. After some great input from past anglers and other community members, the committee is pleased with what they have come up with.
For the 2013 tournament to be held Saturday, January 12th the committee has made the following rules/changes in registration, team numbers, and entry fees:
– We will have 500 teams in the tournament
– Entry Fee for the 2013 Tournament will be $125 per team
– We are increasing total cash payout to $10,300 (increasing top payouts by $25 or $50 per place and every 10th place to $125)
– We are going to have 10 automatic entries (after paid registration) available to participants in our Denny Palmer Memorial Classic summer tournament
– If you fished the tournament held in 2011 (not the most recent tournament), your team will get one automatic entry (with paid registration). These team members will be notified via email in late June and they will have until August 31st to confirm with payment and register their team. The committee is going to allow only one entry per team and will be policing for 2011 partners entering separately. If they find that this is the case, both teams will be disqualified, and no longer will be able to participate in ANY Tourism Committee event. If you do not wish to fish with your partner from 2011 it is up to the anglers to figure out who gets that entry. These spots will be guaranteed.
– For the remainder of the spots available, we will conduct a lottery. The lottery will open Mid-September and close the end of the September. There will NOT be a fee for entering into the lottery. The committee is hoping to conduct the lottery the beginning of October and will announce the tournament field when complete.
– For the 2014 tournament, teams that get into the 2013 tournament will have first shot at entering, and the process will start again.
Again, a huge thank you for the questions and comments that the committee has received. They feel that this is the fairest way for them to support the anglers that have help grow the tournament to what it is today. Please contact the Mobridge Chamber at 605-845-2387 if you have any questions.